Healthy cruising strategies
I just made an appointment to try on wedding dresses on May 1st! That is two weeks from Saturday. And one of those weeks I will be on a cruise. Talk about motivation, huh?
Well I was trying to think of strategies for staying healthy on a cruise (not necessarily losing weight, but not putting on weight either) and found this article:
Here are my strategies (including from the article):
- Choose a side plate instead of a dinner plate when at the buffet. Who hasn’t heard that one! But good reminder.
- Only choose a 3-4 foods from the buffet, and don’t eat anything that isn’t worth it!
- Eat intuitively. Eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full.
- Get right back into a routine when we get back.
- Work out during “days at sea”. I figure that Matt and I haven’t been very active in the last few weeks (at least), so why not bring some exercise clothes and hit the gym while we’re just staying on the ship for the whole day. He is already informed of this.
- Take the stairs and avoid the elevator!
- Be sure to stay hydrated. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day and don’t drink alcohol while in the sun.
- EAT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES!! (Hey, I didn’t have to buy/chop/cook/sauté them)
- Take a turn about the deck. It’s so refreshing!! (name the book/movie)
What are your strategies on vacation?