2010 Resolutions, Mid-Year Check-In
Well I made some 2010 resolutions and I should probably see how I’m doing on them:
- Read more: My goals was to read 1 book/month. I have read: In Defense of Food, The Right Attitude to Rain, Twilight #4, Twenties Girl, Jane Austen Ruined My Life (Both of these were beach reads on vacation), and now I’m trying to read The Dog Listener. So almost 1 book/month.
- Go to church: dang, we went once and there was a weird discussion on a camp that makes people who are gay become straight again. I don’t think it was representative of the church, and I’d like to go back. We should really do that then!
- Change focus of my creative outlet: halfway there, I’m finished with handbells. Now to find something to audition for. Hmmmm . . . I’ve written it down, so I really should follow through on that.
- PE Exam: BIG OL’ CHECK! We studied hard, we took it, we vacationed, and WE PASSED!
- Save Money: well I just played with money (this is what I call balancing my checkbook), and I didn’t do so well the first half of the year. I’d like to blame the fact that I only worked 4 days per week. However, I just realized that I have paid for about 15% of the wedding. I have about 20% in wedding savings, and another 11 months to go! And I’ve only touched a bit of my savings that I’d saved up last year. And I just got a raise! I don’t think my savings will be doing so great this year, but it won’t be depleted from the money pit that is the wedding.
- More trips with Matt: We took our first vacation by ourselves: a cruise to the western Caribbean. You can read about it in Post 1, Post 2, Post 3, and Post 4. It was awesome!
- Get a dog: We have a new addition (she’s been here 3 weeks now!), Meet April
- Get engaged: Oh wait, I didn’t actually write this one down, but it was present in my mind! 😉 YAY FOR SPARKLY THINGS!
How have I done? I’d say about a “B”. Need to step up the church, reading, and dancing/acting/singing thing.
Did you set 2010 resolutions/goals? How you doin’?