A Plethora of Fruits and Veggies
Ahh, with the horrible heat and the amazing availability of produce (combined with my lack of eating them recently), I woke up this morning with a plan!
Like my pudding maker that doubles as a to-go cup? Inside it are two cups of spinach, one cup of skim milk, one tablespoon of peanut butter, one banana, and one tablespoon of ground flax.
No picture, but it was a 6″ sweet onion chicken teryaki with onions, green peppers, cucumbers, and lettuce. I’m sure you know what it looks like.
Slow cooker chicken with chipotle salsa, corn, and black beans. Garnished with avocado (a necessity!). Served over brown rice. Mmmm.
This lifting session almost killed my arms:
- Push, press, fly with cable, 30lbs, 12X each arm
- Tricep pull with cable, 30lbs, 12X each arm
- Axe chop (low to high) with 12lb medicine ball, 12X each side
- Single leg squats, 12X each leg
- Push ups (the big girl kind!) 12X
- Bicep curls with squats, made harder by doing it on an upside down Bosu ball, 12lb weights, 12X
- Bicycle situps, 12X
- Burpees, 12X
- Single arm rows, 30lbs, 12X each arm
- Repeat 3X
Woo, my arms were pretty tired! And my legs after those burpees. Glad our gym has A/C!! I was rather wet.
Strawberries with a sprinkle of sugar. Rather Patriotic, no? Red strawberries, white hand, blue bowl! Oh yeah!
And guess who wanted to cuddle when we got home?
See my sweaty nastiness after the gym? But she just wanted to cuddle!! So adorable!
How many colors have you had today?
I guess I’m missing some orange. Should go eat some baby carrots.