H 2 Oh No!
Yesterday I talked about how I was drinking so much water that I was peeing clear. In the comments section, Matt and Liz both said that I was probably drinking too much. WHAT!?! I thought clear pee was the goal. So I went to google (don’t worry, I waited until I left work until I googled “clear pee”). Turns out, there is such thing as too much water. I was actually thinking that this morning. Go www.urinecolors.com (yes, it’s a website), and learn about water intoxication. Your goal should actually be pee the color of pale straw. I could have been losing important electrolytes. Although, the good news is that most deaths involving water intoxication are the result of water drinking contests or over-exercising without proper electrolyte replenishment.
How much water do you drink per day? If you are a heavy exerciser (e.g. marathoner), do you replenish with drinks such as gatorade?
Some tips to stay hydrated while you’re out and about:
1. Don’t drown yourself with water. Sip your drink every 10 or 15 minutes
2. Put a timer on your watch for every 15 minutes so you remember to drink
3. To ensure that your drink stays cold, use an insulated bottle.
4. If you find a sports drink too sweet or sugar heavy then dilute it with more water.
5. Two hours before you head out, drink two cups of liquid, continuously drink during your workout, and then post workout follow up with a recovery drink to replenish the nutrients lost over the course of your workout and to help jumpstart the recovery process.
On the wedding front
So we’re going to do some centerpiece mock-up (or “playing” as my mom calls it), and I’m acquiring supplies. Don’t worry, I’ll feature them on the blog. I was so excited to get some packages today! Here’s what I have so far:
Three different blue table cloths (bengaline moire, satin, and pintuck), colored candles, tealights, pillar candles, and a table number holder. (I also need to steal a silver frame from around the house and buy some vases, CHEAP). Do you like my cute new purse in the background?
Anyway, back to more photoshop fun. I’m working on our Save-the-Dates. I had way too much fun auto-straightening and cropping pictures last night!