Hey Mr. D.J.
Hi, remember me? Sorry for the lack of posting as of late. We’re swamped at work,which leaves very little time for extra curriculars (i.e. blogging and exercising!)
Anyway, today could be a considered an important day: WE ARE NINE MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING! Not only that, but yesterday (maybe midnight Thursday night?) marked the 6 month anniversary of us getting engaged! Can you believe it? I sure can’t. It feels like it is going by fast, but on the other hand super slow. We have a lot things booked/picked out/bought, but I feel like I should be doing more. I think I’m just anxious to do something DIY.
Moving on, I did get the contract for the DJ! WOO HOO! So now I have 9 months to write down a “must play list” and a “DO NOT PLAY” list. What’s funny is, that most of the songs on my must play list are probably on people’s do not play list. What can I say, we like ’em.
Must Play List
- Hokie Pokie – hello, we went to Virginia Tech, home of the HOKIES! They play this song at every home football game!
- Hail Purdue, Clemson’s Tiger Rag, Rocky Top – I’m guess these should be played as an homage to our alma maters. Just have to figure out if the DJ has them.
- Chicken Dance – did you know that Cincinnati is VERY German? This song is played constantly at the Hofbrahaus.
- Footloose – a dance special to my high school friends
- Thriller – who wants to relearn it?
- Single Ladies – for the bouquet toss, plus I.LOVE.IT.
- Some Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley songs
- Sweet Caroline
Do Not Play List:
- Lots of slow songs – they kill the mood
- Maybe the break-up songs listed here
- Anything rap or with explicit language
- More than one more group dance (other than the ones listed)??
- I don’t know!
My friends and I are big dancers (literally, many of us took dance classes), so we love fun group dance songs and/or anything that you can just sing along to (think piano bar). I surprisingly like songs like “Party in the USA” and “Bad Romance”. They are just fun. Of course, I don’t listen to pop music on a regular basis (COUNTRY ALL THE WAY), so my mind may be skewed.
I guess along with all with all of this I need to think of songs for us to enter to, first dance, parent dances . . . nine months . . . nine months
What songs are on your lists? What songs do you love to hear at weddings? What songs do you dread?
Time to head into the office (yes, on a Saturday)