Rear View Mirror 2010
Five days into 2011, I thought perhaps I should revisit 2010 (and it’s resolutions).
Looking Back at a Magical Year
As I said in my Christmas Card, 2010 was AWESOME. We got engaged.
Other major events were engagement pictures, celebrated my grandmother’s 80th birthday, walked 10,000+ steps per day in the “Shape Up the Nation” challenge, MY BROTHER RETURNED FROM AFGHANISTAN, went to Purdue for a football game,
and had a cupcake bridal shower.
And 2011 is shaping up to be even better!
1. Read More: This started out pretty strong, and then I stopped. I think that I read about 8 books.
2. Go to church: Ummm, yeah . . . A for half-ass effort? We tried a church that was supposed to have a good young adults group. During the service they had a woman come and basically talk about how she had been on a “bad path” (AKA was a lesbian) and she was saved by this group in Florida. Now she’s married and having a baby. Isn’t that wonderful? Yeah, we haven’t been back. I have a lead on another church that we will try next weekend.
3. Change focus of creative outlet: I did quit bells, but I have yet to venture out of my comfort zone of tap class.
4. PE EXAM: CHECK!
5. Save money: working on it, of course now it’s all going to the wedding. I think I had a pretty good year of saving, considering I was only working 80% for 4 months.
6. More trips with Matt: CRUISE! CHECK! BEACH BY OURSELVES! CHECK! And another big trip together coming up in May. 😉
7. Get a dog: CHECK!
8. Get engaged. What? That was on MY new year’s resolutions. I just didn’t share it with anyone. Except maybe Matt a few hundred times.
Not so bad. But not great. And look for my 2011 resolutions. I’m working on them right now!